This position is reporting to CEO of MabPlex International, Ltd; responsible for developing, executing, and managing various research, development and customer service activities of upstream biologics development for MabPlex’s CRO/CMO business to support increasing business demand. Additional responsibilities include internal and external upstream biologics development, business development, as well as project management. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in upstream biologics development from gene expression, vector construction, cell line development, as well as process development, is capable of working independently, and able to provide insights based on data analysis. The individual has a strong ability to multi-task and meet project timelines. The candidate is creative, with an insatiable curiosity with a knack for solving problems. Attention to detail and organization and general business acumen is a necessity. Experience with CRO/CMO based business and biologics development is a plus.
- Lead upstream biologics development, including team building, support business development team and meet company financial goals.
- In charge of all projects related to upstream biologics development, internally and externally.
- Support Business Development Team, for example, presentations in trade shows, customer sites, and T-cons.
- Manage customers’ projects.
- Build and train an R&D team based headquartered in Yantai, China.
- Manage R&D budget
- Conduct internal and external customer research to help support quantitative measurement and provide further focus on measuring ROI and needed improvements for company business.
- Provide documented support materials that help drive strategic direction, goals, and objectives. Schedule & organize meetings and take notes when needed.
- Hands-on experience in all upstream development
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ph.D. in life sciences with at least 15 years of experience.
- MUST have working experience in related areas in Biopharmaceutical companies
- Must have presentation skills and experience in scientific presentations in public (requires to provide 2-3 examples)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to deliver presentations to senior management.
- Results driven person with strong problem solving and time-management skills.
- Strong technical understanding required, Lab experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills
- 50% travel as required for conferences, seminars, training programs and customer visits
- Proven experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience establishing, maintaining and managing productive customer relationships
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multi-tasking capability
- Assist with executing other daily tasks or special projects, as assigned
- The individual MUST possess a US green card or be a US citizen
Advanced degree, Ph.D.
Travel: Approx. 50% initially to China; 30% second year afterward
MabPlex, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer