Mabplex USA is currently recruiting an Accounting/Office Manager for our San Diego office. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of corporate accounting experience. S/he will be enthusiastic and goal-oriented and have strong organizational skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
Well organized, strong business acumen, a quick study, logical thinker, attention to detail, eagerness to learn, and hard worker. A background in accounting, and work experience in corporate accounting/finance. Be willing and able to do whatever needs to be done to assist management and employees with keeping the office running and meet important deadlines. Able to prioritize and possesses time management skills. Enthusiastic, goal-oriented. Someone with a sense of urgency when warranted.
The Accounting / Office Manager will be responsible for the following:
Accounting and Finance Responsibilities:
- Accounting work (AP, AR, P&L, Balance Sheet, bank and credit card statement reconciliation, deposits, YTD ledger reconciliations, and assist with month/quarter/year-end reporting).
Payroll and Human Resources responsibilities:
- Oversee payroll process including payment of payroll taxes
- Create and distribute year-end W2’s and 1099’s
- Administer health plans, benefits and safety programs (includes renewals and other payroll related audits)
- Manage 401k plans
- Manage wage rates and changes
- Work with an external agency and/or HR consultant to maintain a workplace that complies with all Federal, State, County, and City laws and ordinances.
General Office Support and Management responsibilities:
- Answering main phone line and directing callers
- Purchasing for lab and office, issuing invoices and making payments
- HR generalist function, such as onboarding and termination, maintaining employee file
- Administer health plans, workers compensation and safety programs (includes renewals and other payroll related audits)
- Other duties as assigned.
- College or Master’s degree in accounting/financing, with at least two years of corporate accounting experience
- Experience with common accounting and office software
- CPA license desirable
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese desirable
- Strong analytical ability and a ‘can do’ attitude. Must be self-motivated, highly detailed and organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to handle multiple priorities, self- starter.